Monday, March 8, 2010

Getting Focused....

Been neglecting the training log - but the miles have been getting done. I'm going to start working on keeping this and the RecoverBetter blog more up to date. The training and random stuff on here and team / business stuff over there. Did the 12 Hours of Santos a few weeks ago and it was killer! Competition-wise, I got worked over. But I think it was good and it has got me stoked to ride/train again. Over the past few years, I've learned that for me, the desire to train comes and goes throughout the year. I used to stress over it and worry that I would get so lost and lose my fitness, but I know now that its normal for some down time and it actually helps me to focus hard when its time to buckle down.

Next race is SERC #1 this coming weekend in G-ville at Haille's Trails. Just looking forward to pushing it hard and having some fun on the trails. I love bike racing - any kind!! Sometimes I wish I could race every weekend - mountain bikes, road bikes, triathlons, and even some BMX.

Since Santos, I've had two solid weekends of good rides. Last weekend the weather was crap on Saturday. I was pretty bummed at first because my goal that weekend was to get in some good long miles and continue with building some fitness. I hit the rollers for an hour on Saturday and had a decent workout, but rollers are still not as good as real riding. Sunday was a different story - killer weather, blue skies, slight wind.... but it was all good. Got in a little over 5 hrs on the road.

On this past Saturday, I skipped out on the group ride to hit 3 hrs solo. I cruised out through Nocatee and decided to push it through all the spokes and back to the bridge. I stayed in high z4/5 for a good 30-40 minutes and then recovered as I spun down A1A to the Gate Station. Quick refuel and then another 30 minute hard effort into the wind going north. Rolled into the driveway with 3hrs. Yesterday (Sunday) I wanted to hit the trails so I had to fix up the Spark, as she was feeling a little 'under the weather' -I guess 12 hard hours will tear up any bike. After completely rebuilding the rear end linkages and some bearing maintenance - I cruised up to Hannah and knocked out a few laps (did one fast south loop = 20:45) -- total ride time about 2hrs.

Heading into the week with some fatigue in the legs -- loving it! Its funny how I feel 'better' when I'm tired and sore! I plan on training through this week and the race on Sunday. No tapering for low-priority races......

- sbc -

No comments: