Tuesday, April 13, 2010

4.10.10

A.M. - Long ride
* The plan was to do a long ride (about 5hrs) which included about an hour up front before catching on to the Lodge ride and then head to Vilano and back. Got in a nice wu with Eric - even though it was a little cold starting off. The Lodge ride was big but we got a nice little break going in spoke 2 thanks to Karel and Ralph. I bridged up to them and before long it was Walter, Me, Karel and Ralph. We kept it hard and then Jeff Kopp joined in. "Big Kopp" kept the pace high so we ended up staying away. At first I was just planning on staying with them until A1A, but decided to go finish up the ride and then turnaround for Vilano. Bad decision. Karel ends up hitting Jeff's rear wheel and going down and I run into him. Just a little scratch on my knee, but my day was done due to a hole in my tire from skidding 75ft. Oh well. It definitely could've been worse. I'm just glad to not have been seriously hurt.

Total time = 2hr 15min

No comments: