Wednesday, May 12, 2010

5.9.10

* MTB ride - Guana River State Park

Rode from home down PV Blvd to 210 and then went into Guana River state park through the Roscoe entrance. It was about 11 miles from home to the entrance to the park - good warmup. Hit the 'trails' and kicked it up to solid enduro-pace. The trails are just double track dirt roads - mainly they're hardpack but there are some soft, sugar sand sections. Did a little exploring but mainly tried to keep a good effort going. At about 2hrs I popped out by the south entrance which is right next to the Gate Station convenience store - I refueled with some water and G-ade and then headed back in to the park to retrace route. I definitely picked up the pace on the way back - kept it in z4 or higher. It was a little windy in some open sections, but overall the trees did a good job of shielding me from the wind. I popped out at the 210 road gate and then headed back towards Jax Beach. The wind was tough on the Blvd going back but I spun down through PV, through Jax Bch and then turned around in Atlantic Bch and then back home.

Ride time = 4hrs 8min / 59 miles

Ride file





No comments: