Tuesday, September 8, 2009

9.5.09

AM - 6 - 60 - 6
* Ran 6 miles (started at 6 am) Avg'd 8:18 / mile
* Rode 60 miles - Avg 20 mph / 3 hrs
* Ran 6 miles - Avg'd 9:13 / mile

This was probably one of the hardest workouts yet that i've done. Felt ok on the first run - had to keep telling myself to back it down a bit. Once I got on the bike - i could definitely feel the effects of the run. After about 1.5 hrs I started to feel ok and we got on A1A with a sweet tailwind all the way to the Gate Station. It was a steady 25 mph and my hr dropped to 155 or lower. After refueling, we headed back into the headwind and at first was a struggle to hold 20mph then got settled in and held a steady 22 all the way back. Once I got back I transitioned immediately back to running - was feeling pretty good until my IT band starting giving me trouble - it was causing some severe pain in my right knee and I had to stop to walk a few times. It eventually loosened up and I made through the workout..... just not as fast as I had hoped for. This was a good mental workout as well as physical - i definitely learned to just move forward and tried to block out the discomfort....

#1 - 6 miler = 50 min
#2 - 60 miles = 3hrs
#3 - 6miler = 55 min

No comments: