Friday, August 14, 2009

8.13.09

PM - Trainer ride - had originally planned to do some time trial practice on the course in Nocatee but the rain was steady and roads were wet so I ended up on the trainer, but that's okay b/c I had a great workout anyways. I did a 20 min warm up - nice and easy and then went into my first 15 min interval - i had my tri bike on the trainer so I got into position and went hard - increasing intensity every 2-3 minutes. With 1min to go, my legs were burning but stayed on it and finished strong - HR was around 173 max - but stayed around 160 for majority of interval 1. Then did 5 min recovery spin and then hit it again for 15 minutes on - this time I stayed steady with a little higher cadence but my HR was instantly higher - spun hard and fast (95-105rpm) for the entire 15 min. Then did quick CD spin recovery and then jumped out for a quick t-run. I just wanted to do my 2.3mile loop -- started off and felt pretty good - decided to as hard / fast as possible for first 10min - hit mile 1 at 6:30 then kept pace up for next 3:30 then just backed off and jogged rest of loop - total run was only a little over 16 min. Felt good to shake out the legs.

Total ride time = 1hr
Total run time = 16 min

* Good quick workout -- not much fluff - did the work and got it done. Its amazing how much faster i feel running when I don't throw 4hrs of riding in front of it!

No comments: