Thursday, August 6, 2009

8.6.09

a.m. SWIM at Brooks

Did about 300 WU - some ez free and some kicks; then did 500-400-300-200-100 at increasing pace (7:39, 5:57, 4:36, 2:56, 1:23) then did 5min CD with paddles/buoy.

Total time 40min

PM - Group ride - County Line Ride
Finally got to ride this ride without any rain - seems like its been a really long time. Group started out big - 15-20 people. Never got too fast and it stayed together most of the time. I didn't feel like i had any power in my legs at all - I could definitely feel my hard run from last nite. Hips were really tight and whenever i got down I could feel some resistance in that area. Just need to stretch out better before and after these workouts. Other than that it was a good ride - didn't go too hard anywhere except at the end - but had to dodge a stopped car on the Boulevard and rode through the wet grass - was kinda crazy - luckily I didn't bust my ass! RadPop was there too - I think he's liking these Beach rides - glad to see him out riding again. He's a great training partner.

After the ride - did a quick 20min t-run through the neighborhood. Felt good - just went ez and towards the end of the run I felt my Hr was nice and low and my legs were just on cruise control.

Bike time = ~1:35 / 35 miles
Run time = ~ 23min

No comments: