Monday, August 10, 2009

8.8.09

AM - Brick - Long ride + t-run
Started early at about 6:45 (wanted to be on the road by 630, but coordinating too many people makes that about impossible). The group started off with me, Stephanator, RadPop, DocLuv, Joe Barton, Dave, & Greg Keller. We headed down PV Blvd to do a loop through Palm Valley (the old Saturday lodge ride route) at an ez pace (mostly 16-18 mph). We were just chatting and not riding hard at all - kind of an extended warmup to get ready for the group ride. Then we met up with the group ride - couple of weird things - my bottle flew out of my rear mount TWICE and me and Rad had to bridge up - that took a lot of energy, but when we finally got on the group, we sat in for a couple of minutes and then the attacks started. Curtis, Burke, and Rad were off the front on the second spoke, so I bridged up and then we sat up for a second and then Kopp came FLYING by us, I chased and we ended up in a breakaway with me, Jeff, Karel, Rad, and Steve Petit. I was thinking that Curtis and Burke were going to either bridge up or they would drag the whole group up to us. But we stayed away for the whole ride. Pulls were between 27 - 30 mph for about 30secs to 1min. Definitely a hard effort. After the grouper, me and Rad headed down to the Gate Station with Shawn "Hercules" Francis. Mellow 20-22 mph then refueled and headed back. On the way back we had a solid group of me, Rad, Burke, Hercules, & Tony M. - solid 24 -26 mph pace made that part go by quick. (Total ride time = ~4hrs) After I got back to the house I did my t-run, which felt ok - not great, but got it done ~26min. I need to map that out so I know the distance. Was a GREAT day of training!!

Ride time = 4hrs
Run time = 26 min

No comments: