Sunday, August 16, 2009

8.16.09

AM - Long Run - 15 miles


* Did 5 miles up front with DocLuv - steady pace at about 8:15/mile, then did group run at steady pace - mainly kept it 8:15 mile. Was really HOT and HUMID. Went through a bunch of water, 2 gels, 3 Endurolyte pills. Finished up with last two miles at 8:40 - 9min / mile. Was a good confidence boost - i think this is my longest run ever. My right knee is sore - will definitely back off this week with low volume / intensity and get rested up.





Weekly totals:

Swim: 2 workouts; 1hr 24min

Bike: 3 workouts; 7hr 50min

Run: 4 workouts; 3hr 31min

So the theme of this week was "Confidence". It was kind of a two-fold thing -for one, I put in some hard and long miles on Saturday. I had planned on going out for at least four solid hours without any big group ride in the middle - so to get almost 5 hrs with a solid steady effort - i'm stoked. I had figured that I needed to get the feeling of straight riding so that when I'm racing, i'll know the feeling. Also, my Sunday run was a little longer than what I truly needed but, that was my longest run ever so i'm pretty stoked to have that accomplished. I ran fairly steady splits at just over 8min mile with some super hot weather. The other part of the "Confidence" thing was that I've stuck to my plan for the past month - three hard weeks with solid workouts and now a recovery week. I'm sure that those three weeks coupled with some good recovery will help me boost my fitness. My riding is pretty darn good right now, which I'm stoked about. My running is there - not fast, but the miles don't intimidate me anymore, and my swimming is getting smoother and easier with each session.


Total time - 12hr 45min

No comments: