Tuesday, August 25, 2009

8.24.09 (Sunday on a Monday)

PM - Long(ish) run
* Ran down through Ponte Vedra in the neighborhood to Corona and then ran straight back down the Blvd back to house. It was a good run - hot, but I wore my hydration belt (love that thing). I did ez pace for first 30min - then picked up pace on Blvd. back to the Inn and then just cruised on home. Finished up with 1hr1min.

* This worked out since I missed doing my long run on Sunday due to the racing - I just decided to call Sunday an "off" day - even though I raced the TT, but that was only 11min. I still had to get in a run - because the only other run I had was on last Wednesday - for less than 30 min. I think I did the right thing because I needed to let my legs rest. I was having some weird pains and soreness in my knee & hip. I don't think that it would've been a good idea to train through those pains, especially in a recovery week. But I did get in an hour run (on Monday) and I'll call that the end of my recovery week and now I'm moving into a "Bust 'Em Up" 2-week set. I know that doesn't fit in with Friel's Periodization names - but it'll be like 2 weeks of "peak workouts" with an olympic race on Sunday Aug 30th.......

Totals for week:

Swim - 1 workout; 40min
Bike - 3 workouts; 5hr35min
Run - 2 workouts; 1hr27min
Other: surfed 1hr30min on Sat morning
Race: 4.92mi TT in Nocatee - finished 3rd place cat4 - 11:02 / avg speed 26.8mph

Week total - 7.75 hrs training (recovery week)

No comments: